North Texas bankruptcy attorney Scott Lemke filed his first bankruptcy case over 35 years ago. He and Jan opened Lemke and Pederson in McKinney, Texas in 1990 and continue to serve clients in their original location.
“It doesn’t take much to cause a money crisis,” says Scott. “Job loss, divorce, family medical issues, an unexpected move – any of these can put someone over the edge financially.” He strives to connect with clients personally. “Most are going through the worst time of their lives,” he says. “We try to make them feel at ease.”
Scott graduated from the University of Iowa and Drake University Law School. He is admitted to practice in the state of Texas and the Eastern and Northern federal courts. He was named as a Best Personal Lawyer in Dallas by D Magazine in 2009.
Scott is a member of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys. He and Jan have been married for 32 years and have 3 sons.
- Drake University Law School — J.D., 1982
- University of Iowa — B.S., 1979
Admission & Memberships
- Admitted to Texas Bar in 1982
- Admitted to practice in United States District Courts, Eastern and Northern Districts
- State Bar of Texas — Member
- Plano Bar Association — Member
- Collin County Bar Association — Member, Past Treasurer
- American Bankruptcy Institute — Member
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys — Member
- Named one of “The Best Personal Lawyers in Dallas” — D Magazine, May 2009